Dr. Jack Peterson believes his patients’ surgical journey does not end in the operating room. He understands you are probably worried about scars. Dr. Peterson has a 12-week program to achieve the best possible scars after your surgery. He wants to provide his patients with the best environment for their incisions to heal. That’s why Dr. Peterson has chosen bioCorneum®+, the number 1 and only FDA-cleared choice for initial scar management. It contains a patented topical silicone gel for the management of scars and for the prevention of abnormal scars in the form of hypertrophic scars and keloids:
- Silicone is the clinical gold standard for scar treatment and scar prevention having demonstrated clinical efficacy over all other forms of topical treatments
- Silicone is recommended by the “International Advisory Panel on Scar Management” as the first line therapy for scars
- BioCorneum®+ is indicated for scars resulting from trauma, surgery, burns or other events that result in a break in the skin
- BioCorneum®+’s patented silicone gel formulation is the only self-adhering silicone gel
- BioCorneum®+ self-dries to a waterproof, gas permeable membrane that dries to form a custom-fitted silicone sheet
- The patented technology in bioCorneum®+ is clinically proven to help soften, flatten and smooth the scar while maintaining the moisture balance and elasticity of the adjacent skin The patented formulation has also been shown to reduce the discoloration and itching associated with scars.
If you would like to know more about bioCorneum scar treatment, available in our office, call or.